Categories of personal information that we collect
In the past twelve (12) months, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from you:
Personal Identifiers:Such as First and last name, alias, shipping and mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
Personal information under CA Code §1798.80(e):Such as First and last name, postal address, telephone number, payment card number and information related to your account, including card brand and expiration date. Personal information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
Commercial Information:Such as Products or services purchased from us, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Financial Information (Information Described In CA Code §1798.80):Such as Payment card number and information related to your account, including card brand and expiration date.
Internet or Network Activity:Such as IP address, device ID, and device settings (language preference, time zone), login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit on our website or App, browsing history, search history, information collected via cookie or pixel about a consumer's interaction with our Site, App, or an advertisement.
Geolocation Data:Such as City, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address.
Inferences drawn from any of the categories of personal information listed above:Such as Profile reflecting a consumer’s dietary preferences and propensities.
Sensitive personal informationSuch as Account log-in and password. We may also be deemed to collect sensitive personal information when you choose to submit specific dietary preferences or dietary restriction requests. The information is used to help personalize your subscription. These requests are optional and submitted directly by you through our online quiz so that we may suggest groceries and recipes that we think you’ll love.
The business and commercial purposes for which we have processed the categories of personal information set forth above may include (other than as it relates to sensitive personal information, as set forth below):
- Deliver our services and carry out obligations relating to your periodic renewing subscription with us. For example, when you sign up to receive groceries through our Services, you enter into a subscription with us to make these grocery deliveries on your behalf. We must process your personal information to fulfil your orders.
- Provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve the Services, including research and analytics regarding use of the Services, to provide a more personalized experience, or to remember you when you leave and return to the Services.
- Deliver our newsletter to you, whether or not you are a customer.
- Respond to your inquiries or requests for customer support.
- Effectuate billing and payment for your purchase of the Services.
- Conduct identification and authentication checks.
- Contact prospective customers.
- Conduct general research and aggregate reporting.
- Collect, process, and retain your personal information where required by law (for example, to fulfill our regulatory obligations).
- Provide you with more relevant content in marketing, promotional, or other communications to which you may be subscribed.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
- Provide you with relevant information about our products and services, including to help you learn about other services that we offer.
We use your “sensitive personal information” for the limited purposes specified under the CCPA in a manner that does not require a corresponding opt-out right, such as for the provision of our Services in a manner reasonably expected by an average Hungryroot customer that requests or uses our Services. Data obtained through the short code program will not be shared with any third-parties for their marketing reasons/purposes.
For information regarding the categories of third parties with whom we may disclose the categories of personal information set forth in this section, and for which business or commercial purposes we may disclose such information, please see here.
Exercising Your Access Requests
You can make an access, deletion, or correction request by contacting us at email@example.com and including “U.S. State Privacy Law Request” in the subject line.
You may also change or correct your personal information at any time, such as your email address, phone number or payment card information.
Please note that only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. We must take measures to verify your identity before processing your request. We will ask you to provide sufficient information for verification purposes, such as previous order history of the person to whom the request relates, or information that confirms that an authorized agent is able to act on your behalf. We will use this information only to verify your request. We will also need to verify the authority of any person acting on your behalf.